We want our students to:
- learn and practice the Norwegian language
- increase their interest in the Norwegian language, culture and society
- develop their knowledge and interest in Norway
- participate in different sports and outdoor activities
- experience an international environment and learn to overcome cultural
- barriers in a positive way
- develop a network of other children/youth from around the world
- experience a Norwegian summer
- develop the Norwegian part of their identity
Who can join Norgesskolen?
- Students aged 9 -18 living all over the world
- Both students with previous knowledge of Norwegian as well as beginners
- Norwegian citizens as well as non-Norwegian citizens
- Norwegian children/youth that want to improve their Norwegian and participate in an international environment
The school takes place at Sagavoll Folkehøyskole in Telemark, a paradise for children and youth. It has a well equipped sports hall, a football field, climbing wall and bouldering room.