Who is working at Norgesskolen?
The Director of Norgesskolen is responsible for planning, operation and development of the school on a yearly basis. During the two and a half weeks Norgesskolen operates, we have twelve employees working: the director, six teachers and five activity leaders. The number of employees may vary, depending on how many students attend.
All employees stay at the school and live in dormitories on campus. Teachers are responsible for the morning song gathering and the Norwegian language classes, while the activity leaders are responsible for the culture hour, the activity hour and the camping trip. All employees will be assigned responsibility for a specific group of students within the dormitories.
- Working as a teacher or studying to become one
- Norwegian language is a part of the educational background
- Previous teaching experience
Activity leader requirements
- Completed the education in outdoor life or studying to become one
- Pedagogical studies or experience is very valuable, but not a requirement
General requirements for all working at Norgesskolen
- Experience and interest in working with children and youth
- Excellent Norwegian language skills
- Excellent communicator
- Positive and caring
- Positive attitude and can-do approach during some hectic weeks
- A strong desire to make a difference
- Enjoy working in an international environment
- A challenging and rewarding job
- A positive and motivating work environment
- An international setting with students from all over the world
- A unique work experience
- Beautiful surroundings at Sagavoll Folkehøgskole in Telemark
- A good salary
- Housing and food covered by the school